US Water Matrixx Backwashing Filter For Sediment
The Matrixx Backwashing Filter System Effectively Removes Sediment, Sand, Silt, and Cloudiness
High performance granular filter media for unsurpassed removal of sand, silt and sediment to below 5 microns
The US Water Matrixx is a fully automatic backwashing filtration system. It uses all NSF and FDA approved components, including the filter media. The electronic computer control cleans the media of accumulated contaminants while delivering clean, clear, fresh water throughout your home. The electronic control center is easy to set and once set, you never have to set it again (except for DST). It traps dirt, sand, and silt better than ANY graded-density filter.
- Outperforms conventional multimedia due to its unique zeolite structure.
- Has nearly 3 times the load capacity of sand - THREE TIMES!
- Capable of handling higher service flow rate and increased load capacity and has a 5-micron nominal rating.
- High performance filter media used in lieu of sand/anthracite, pecan shells, or other coarse filtration material to efficiently remove suspended solids and fine turbidity particles.
- Microscopic mineral projections allow particulate matter to penetrate deeply into the bed.
- The granules remove a wide range of colloidal and soluble inorganic metallic contaminants by surface absorption, chemical binding, charge-neutralization, coagulation, reactions, and/or ionic, ion-exchange phenomena.
- One of the advantages is its superior filtration rating (5 micron nominal) which translates to enhanced water quality.
- In cases where there is superfine silt or sand in the water, you may want to consider "step-down filtration" after the Matrixx Filter, such as with a BBF2 or BBF3 Filtration System
- Communicates with your Smartphone via Bluetooth
- Simply set the time of day, time of regeneration, and backwash frequency
- Uses 9 Volt battery, so that if power goes out during regeneration, it automatically returns to service so as not to continually waste water to the drain
- Monitors remaining battery life
- Fully programmable cycles
- Can be "precision tuned"
The electronic control center is easy to set and once set, you never have to set it again (except for DST). The Matrixx system incorporates an automatic backwash which removes accumulated contaminants and automatically backwashes the filtration media. This eliminates pressure drop and keeps the media in top condition.
- Electronic controller has only one internal moving part - simple to set
- No complicated programs
- Includes built-in bypass valve
- Just one (1) internal moving part
- 12 volt electrical system uses less than $2.00 electricity per year
- 12 volt operation means no danger of electrical shock
- Battery backup keeps the memory during power outages
- The system removes or reduces silt, sand, sediment, and cloudiness
- Extremely user friendly
- Low maintenance due to automatic operation
- Long life due to superior backwashing features
- Chrome tank protector always looks like new and wipes clean easily. Looks just as good in 20 years! (Up to 15 GPM)
- Lifetime on Tank
- 7 Years on Valve Electronics
Not sure what size filter you need? Bigger is usually better but remember, a system should be sized according to flow rate that is available for backwashing. A system must be backwashed at the specified flow rate to ensure it is flushed properly.
|MODEL #||MAX FLOW||BACKWASH FLOW||MICRON RATING||MEDIA TANK||CU/FT of MEDIA|
|081-MXF-SED-150||8 GPM||7 GPM||5 Micron||10" x 54"||1.5 cu/ft|
|081-MXF-SED-200||10 GPM||10 GPM||5 Micron||12" X 52"||2.0 cu/ft|
|081-MXF-SED-250||15 GPM||12 GPM||5 Micron||13" x 54"||2.5 cu/ft|
|*081-MXF-SED-300||20 GPM||15 GPM||5 Micron||14" X 65"||3.0 cu/ft|
|*Tank is not available as a Vortech tank|
|Warranty||Tank: Lifetime Valve & Electronics: 7 Years|
|Manufacturer||US Water Systems|