view less−Product Description
Take Control of Your Water's Bacteriological Purity With The Ultimate UV Technology From US Water Systems
The quality of your drinking water can change over time and become contaminated with harmful bacteria. If you are unsure of the microbiological quality of your source water or if you are looking for additional security from your municipal water source, then US Water has the solution. UV technology is proven to control microbiological issues in water including, bacteria, viruses, E.coli, Cryptosporidium and Giardia lamblia. There are lots of UV systems on the market, but none have the degree of quality and the superior warranty that is standard with our professional grade systems, which incorporate “S-Flow Technology and advanced simple, reliable electronics. Just plug it in, replace the bulb every year and FORGET IT!
The US Water Ultraviolet System is a PREMIUM quality UV System that has 1” MNPT threads outside on the inlet and outlet, so that it can be plumbed with 1” plumbing. The US Water UV System powered by Sterilight is at an affordable price which will handle flow rates up to 20 GPM. Be careful to select a UV disinfection system that matches the flow needed for your home. It’s OK to go a size larger (because it kills bacteria at higher flow rates due to a bigger disinfection chamber and larger bulb), but a size smaller could allow bacteria to “sneak” through at higher flow rates.
The US Water UV utilizes S-Shaped flow to assure the user of the greatest kill of bacteria. With the inlet at the bottom side of the UV Chamber and the outlet at the other top side or vice versa (it works equally well either way), the US Water S-Shaped Flow UV is a true Killer Lamp! It can feed at either the bottom or top – it makes no difference. What does make a difference is that the “S-Flow” exposes the bacteria to the maximum amount of ultraviolet energy which is what results in their destruction. The Stainless Steel Chamber is the “execution chamber” for all bacteria, viruses and cysts. It’s where they go to die.
It is one thing to SAY a system is better and quite another to put your money where your mouth is - But we do! The US Water Ultraviolet Disinfection System is backed with the best and most comprehensive warranty in the business: Lifetime on the Stainless Steel reactor chamber and 10 years on the controller*. That’s the best in the business, but the stainless steel chamber is obviously going to last a lifetime – it’s the controller that can go bad, but with our advanced electronics we stand behind it for 10-years.
|10 Years||CHAMBER WARRANTY||LIFETIME|
|3 Years||BALLAST WARRANTY||10 Years|
|3 Years||ELECTRICAL WARRANTY||10 Years|
- Equipped to inactivate chlorine-resistant parasites such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia, harmful bacteria like E.Coli and viruses not visible to the naked eye.
- Specially designed and tested lamps provide consistent and reliable ultraviolet output over the entire life of the lamp (9000 hours) to ensure continuous purification.
- The system is easy to install, maintain and service.
- The ultraviolet lamp can be changed without interrupting the water flow.
- Built with a durable stainless steel chamber to prolong life and eliminate ultraviolet light degradation.
- The power supply visually displays the remaining lamp life and will go into alarm if the lamp fails to notify the homeowner.
- The power supply has a sealed case to prevent damage from accidental water intrusion and is CSA and CE compliant.
- 1 Inch Flow, 304 stainless steel, polished reaction chamber.
- Designed & manufactured to ASME pressure vessel standards
- Flow rates stated at 95% UVT at a dose of 30mJ/cm2
- Reliable, industry proven low pressure (LP) coated UV lamps with ceramic bases for durability and a 9000 hour life (1 year)
- Constant current electronic controller (one controller for all systems) in a splash-proof case
- Visual and Audible Lamp Change Reminder
- Visual and Audible Lamp Out Indicator
- Built in North America
The most important part of any UV is the pre-filtration. That’s because you want the water as clean and clear as possible so that the UV light transmission is not interfered with in any fashion. Iron, manganese, tannin, high hardness and other particulates can help mask the water so that the UV transmission is not as effective. To put it another way “if the water is not clean, the little critters have places to hide from the UV energy.” Pre-treatment is vital to the operation of any UV. You can purchase our system without any pre-filtration (maybe you already have your own), but unless you have proper pre-filtration, you should consider one of the following Options:
- Single 4.5 x 20 Filter System with a 1 micron cartridge
- Dual 4.5 x 20 Filter System with a 5 micron cartridge followed by a 1 micron cartridge (this is called “step-down” filtration)
- Triple 4.5 x 20 Filter System with a 5 micron Cartridge followed by a Radial Flow Carbon Cartridge followed by a 1 micron cartridge (this is for chlorinated water supplies)
|Recommended Flow Rate||18-20 GPM|
|Electrical||110V / 50-60Hz|
|Plug Type||American NEMA 5/15, 3-Prong w/Ground|
|Power Consumption (Watts)||60 Watts|
|Reactor Chamber Dimensions||23 1/2" height X 3 1/2" diameter|
|Shipping Weight||17 Pounds|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||125 PSI (8.6 bar)|
|Replacement Lamp/Sleeve Combo||401-QL-410|
|Replacement Ballast Controller||401-BA-ICE-CL|
|Disinfection Flow Rates|
|Flow Rate @ 16 mJ/cm2||34 GPM|
|Flow Rate @ 30 mJ/cm2||20 GPM|
|Flow Rate @ 40 mJ/cm2||15 GPM|
view less-Additional Information
|Availability||Out Of Stock|
|Warranty||Stainless Steel Reactor Chamber - Lifetime Electronics - Three (3) Years|
|Manufacturer||US Water Systems|
VideosSorry No Videos Available
view less-Ratings & Reviews
view less-Product FAQs
No Faqs Found !
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Regular Price: $383.00Sale Price: $229.95