view less−Product Description
US Water Whole-House RO
A True “Plug & Play” Turnkey Whole House Reverse Osmosis System
Designed to be sustainable and economical, the US Water Defender Whole House RO is a commercial-grade RO system that is built to last! It is a turnkey system that is pre-plumbed so that you have just 4 connections to make (Inlet, Tank, Drain, Outlet). With heavy-duty commercial parts and a Three-Year Comprehensive Warranty*and a Lifetime Warranty on the tanks, you will quickly see that this whole house RO System beats the competition hands-down. Also, this is a system that is Made in the USA.
Don’t be Misled: If you Google “whole house reverse osmosis systems” most the 1,640,000 results have nothing to do with a whole house reverse osmosis system. Other results are simply “pieces and parts” of a whole house reverse osmosis system and will not work on their own. We hear “horror stories” every day about people thinking they are buying a whole house RO system, only to have it fail apart in a few weeks because it was a poor and incomplete design.
Components of a Sustainable Whole House RO System
Step 1: A 5-Micron Pre-Filter which protects the solenoids, membranes and pumps from silt, sand and sediment is critical to any system and needs replaced every 6 to 12 months
Step 2: The Reverse Osmosis Process itself, which separates the dissolved contaminants from water. This process removes the widest spectrum of contaminants of any water treatment process.
Step 3: Optional Re-mineralization and pH Neutralization. The addition of another filter or tank is unnecessary, as the Defender has a built in “Blending Valve” so that you can adjust this to the precise level you desire.
Step 4: The Storage Tank is where the water is stored while awaiting delivery to the home. We use a 140 gallon tank is used (29” x 58” so that it fits through a 32” door). If you need more than 140 gallons of storage, additional tanks can be manifolded together (up to four) or we can offer tanks of any size (not in stock). Includes a solid-state liquid level control float system. If you have two, three or four tanks, you only need the liquid level control on the first one. The water level is the same in each tank. The tank(s) have a lifetime warranty, because our tanks are built like no other. Compare others warranties.
Step 5: The variable Speed Delivery Pump delivers up to 20 GPM at 60 psi to provide incredible pressure throughout the entire home.
Step 6: The Ultraviolet (or UV) Disinfection System is the last step of the system. It kills any waterborne or airborne bacteria that might be in the system.
If you leave out just one of these steps, you do not have a sustainable and economical RO system.
In fact, you are likely headed for trouble… or worse.
Features and Benefits
- A Green Solution - Many whole house RO systems are 15% efficient – that means they waste six (6) gallons of water for every gallon they make – That’s very wasteful… and very expensive. Our Defender Whole House RO is up to 75% efficient which means that it wastes only 1 gallon for every 4 gallons it makes.
- Commercial Pump and Motor – At the heart of this system is a True Commercial Centrifugal Pump. All of our competitors use light-duty “Rotary vane” pumps and some even use (shudder) diaphragm pumps. Rotary Vane and Diaphragm Pumps offer no longevity… in fact they frequently have to be replaced every 6 months or so. A true Commercial-Grade Centrifugal Pump will last many years.
- Panel-Mount Flow Meters and pressure gauges with 316 stainless steel needle valves for precise control of production and waste water.
- 5 Micron Magna Pre-Filter - With 36 Square Feet of Media for long life.
- Stainless Steel Membrane Housings – Provides the best longevity and ease of replacement.
- Highest Rejection Rates - Up to 99% rejection.
- Defender Controller with TDS Meter – Enables you to continuously monitor water quality.
- Best Warranty in the Business – Lifetime on tanks, and three years on all other parts (does not include consumables such as membranes, filters and pump tubes
- BodyGuard – Non-backwashing, non-electric special blend carbon filter for chlorine and chloramine removal
- BodyGuard Plus - Backwashing special blend carbon filter for chlorine and chloramine removal
- Anti-Scalant Injection – To prevent hard water from scaling the membranes. It is rejected by the membranes and eliminates the need for a water softener.
- Bodyguard and Anti-Scalant together
- Bodyguard Plus and Anti-Scalant together
Proper Pretreatment Is Essential
A reverse osmosis system with proper pre-treatment will last 15-20 years, while one without proper pre-treatment may be junk in a few months. Our Defender Whole House RO System is a Plug & Play, Turnkey System for municipal water supplies. If you have other issues, such as iron, sulfur and/or manganese, it must be treated BEFORE the system. If you are unsure what type of pre or post-treatment you may need, contact one of our Certified Water Specialists at 800-608-8792 or e-mail us at email@example.com
* Warranty does not include consumables like filters and membranes
Due to the commercial nature of this system, it is covered under our commercial systems return policy.
Just because a RO system is rated at 6,000 gallons a day does not mean that it will deliver that many gallons every day. You should size a system to no more than half of it's peak capacity (usually less). Therefore a 6,000 GPD system will generally provide about 3,000 gallons in the real world.
Please note that all RO System Production Rates are based upon water less than 2,000 TDS and 77 Degree F Water. If your TDS is dramatically higher or your temperature is dramatically lower, the system production will be greatly impacted. If your TDS is above 2,000 ppm you should consult with one of our Certified Water Specialists before selecting a system. In certain cases, an anti-scalant may be needed for extreme water problems. Our Certified Water Specialists can determine if this is necessary.
Also, remember that we have more than 220 years of experience and have learned the hard way what works and what doesn't. This is a high-quality professional-grade system which is built to last for at least 15-20 years.
US Water Hyper-Guard Plus 7000 Anti-scalant is shipped as a concentrated solution. This concentrated solution must be mixed with clean RO or Distilled water to the proper level for each system specifically. A water analysis and RO system flow rates must be used to figure the site specific mixture and dose rate. You must call 1-800-608-8792 and make arrangements to send your water analysis and flow rate info to our engineers to give you the site specific dosage and mixture. Over or Under concentrated solutions could damage the RO membranes.
view less-Additional Information
|RO System Type||Whole House|
|Number of Stages||5|
|Dimensions||RO: 25" x 25" x 55"
Tank: 140 Gallon - 29" x 58"
Pump: 13" x 23" x 9"
|Warranty||Lifetime on Anti-Scalant and Atmospheric Tank, 3 Years on RO System Components (excludes consumables), Pre-Treatment is covered by individual equipment warranty|
|Manufacturer||US Water Systems|
view less-Ratings & Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Regular Price: $300.00Sale Price: $179.95
Regular Price: $1,825.00Sale Price: $1,095.00
Regular Price: $4,325.00Sale Price: $2,595.00