Permeate flush is an option for our RO systems that can provide a membrane flush directly after shutdown. This flush option is called Permeate Flush because it uses clean water produced by the RO system (permeate or product water) to flush the membranes after shutdown. This is extremely effective when membrane life is going to be a problem. In cases where the dissolved solids of the feed water are elevated this is crucial to membrane life. This may not always be the total dissolved solids (TDS).
In some cases, one particular element such as silica is elevated, and permeate flush is used to make sure it is flushed from the membrane after shutdown. If concentrated solids are left in the membrane housings after shutdown they can precipitate (fall out) from the solution. When this happens the solids remain in the membrane housings until the RO system starts up again. This causes them to be pushed into the membrane instead of flushed as they would be during operation. The membranes eventually become clogged with these solids reducing the lifespan.
A Green Solution
- Our Defender RO is up to 80% efficient which means that it wastes only 1 gallon for every 5 gallons it makes.
Commercial Pump And Motor
- At the heart of this system is a True Commercial Centrifugal Pump. Rotary Vane and Diaphragm Pumps offer no longevity, in fact, they frequently have to be replaced every 6 months or so.
- Flow Meters and pressure gauges with 316 stainless steel needle valves for precise control of production and wastewater
5 Micron Magna Pre-Filter
- With 36 Square Feet of Media for long life
Stainless Steel Membrane Housing
- These housings provide the best longevity with ease of replacement
Highest Rejection Rates
Defender Controller With TDS Meter
- Enables you to continuously monitor water quality
Best Warranty In The Business
- Two years on the system (does not include consumables such as membranes and filters)