view less−Product Description
1.5 Inch US Water Commercial Backwashing Carbon Filter | 10 GPM to 30 GPM
The US Water Backwashing Carbon Filter is designed to remove chlorine, chemicals and pesticides, as well as bad tastes and odors from the water supply due to prolonged contact with coconut shell granular activated carbon (GAC), making it perfect for RO pre-treatment, foodservice and other commercial applications.
- Flow rates from 10 GPM to 30 GPM
- Fully-adjustable Fleck 2850 time-clock filter valve
- Lead-free brass valve body for superior strength and durability
- Automatic 12-day mechanical time-clock control (shown right)
- Optional NXT Computerized Controller – Provides tremendous flexibility
- Time-tested hydraulically-balanced piston, seals and spacers designed to control service flow and backwashing
- Just one internal moving part
- NSF Certified fiberglass resin tanks (tanks are generally natural in color, but can vary)
- 1.5" Full-flow hub and lateral Distributors on all systems
- Highest quality coconut shell Granular Activated Carbon (GAC)
- Perfect for de-chlorination
- Ideal for RO pre-treatment
|Model Number||Cubic Feet Media||Pounds Gravel||Peak Flow Rate||Backwash Flow Rate||Mineral Tank||Shipping Weight|
|140-28F-GAC-3||3||50||10 GPM||10 GPM||14 x 65||230 lbs|
|140-28F-GAC-4||4||50||14 GPM||15 GPM||16 x 65||380 lbs|
|140-28F-GAC-5||5||75||18 GPM||20 GPM||18 x 65||475 lbs|
|140-28F-GAC-7||7||100||24 GPM||25 GPM||21 x 62||600 lbs|
|10||125||30 GPM||30 GPM||24 x 72||800 lbs|
Remember: In order to get proper filtration, you need prolonged contact with the carbon. Therefore, it’s better to oversize the filter than undersize it. You should base your flow rate on the continuous flow, not the maximum flow.
view less-Additional Information
|Manufacturer||US Water Systems|
|Select Media Type||GAC – Granular Activated Carbon|
VideosSorry No Videos Available
view less-Ratings & Reviews
view less-Product FAQs
What is the amperage on 140-28F-GAC-10 with NXT controller?
The amperage is very low. I believe it is 650 mA. The valve works on 24VAC with a 110V transformer.
How often should this backwashing carbon filter should be changed? I got one 12 years ago and the installer said i needed to change it very 3 years. He brought one tank and left another one all for ~$70. Is this three years period right? Thank you!
Generally speaking, any backwashing catalytic carbon filter will need to have the carbon media changed out every 4-6 years depending on how much usage the system receives on a daily basis. It is certainly possible that your system is used more and therefore your media needs to be changed out more frequently.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Regular Price: $267.00Sale Price: $159.95As low as: $110.46
Regular Price: $6,656.00Sale Price: $3,993.45
Out of stock