view less−Product Description
US WATER SYSTEMS BODYGUARD PLUS™ WHOLE HOUSE CHEMICAL REMOVAL FILTRATION SYSTEM
The US Water BodyGuard Plus™ Whole House Water Filtration System incorporates the heavy duty Interceptor™ filter and the Bodyguard™ filter with the backwashing valve so that any family can now afford a Bodyguard™ for their home! The 21st Century electronic backwashing valve doesn’t use “dinosaur buttons” for programming. Instead, the system is programmed in seconds with your smartphone and our WATERLOGIX™ App.
The Interceptor™ Zeta Filter is an amazing new technology with two stages of filtration:
Stage 1: The 5 micron pre-filter starts with a outer barrier to filtering out Sand, Silt, and Sediment offering the highest level of protection of any pre-filter to your family.
Stage 2: Inside is another layer of pleated material manufactured with a Zeta potential of 51 millivolts. Contaminants, like Chromium 6, lead, bacteria, virus, cysts and heavy metals are actually "magnetically" removed from the water supply and "secured" in the Charged Sub-Micron Filter. It has passed testing for NSF/ANSI Standard 42 and 61 for potable water and USP Class VI testing and endotoxin testing.
Next, the water enters the Bodyguard™ tank which also has two types of filtration:
Stage 3: Prolonged Contact Coconut Shell Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) removes or reduces chemical contaminants like Chlorine, Pesticides, THM, TCE, PCB, pharmaceuticals, herbicides, VOC’s, industrial solvents, and hundreds of other contaminants.
Stage 4: Prolonged Contact Coconut Shell CATALYTIC Granular Activated Carbon (CGAC) also removes the above contaminants, as well as chloramine which cannot be removed with GAC carbon alone. Many cities are using chloramine and if your city doesn’t, it likely will because it is cheaper. They will in the future and you are protected.
How long do the filters last? The Interceptor™ filter is engineered to be changed once a year. In extreme cases, it may last less than that depending upon your contaminant level. The carbon in the BodyGuard™ filter can last several hundred thousand gallons to several million gallons. It all depends upon the level of contaminants. Some companies say theirs will last 12 years or millions of gallons. That’s total sales hyperbole. The truth is: it lasts a long time and no one uses higher quality carbon. We recommend changing it every 5 years.
- Communicates with your Smartphone via Bluetooth
- Simply set the time of day, time of regeneration, and backwash frequency
- Uses 9 Volt battery, so that if power goes out during regeneration, it automatically returns to service so as not to continually waste water to the drain
- Monitors remaining battery life
- Fully programmable cycles
- Can be “precision tuned”
Features And Benefits
- Great Tasting Water – Removes the chemicals while leaving the minerals. You drink more water when it tastes great.
- Healthier Water – No other system removes as many contaminants as the US Water BodyGuard Plus™. Buy a filter or be a filter.
- Better for the Skin and Hair – Harsh chemicals like chlorine and chloramine are irritating to the skin on both a physical and chemical basis. Your hair will shine and your skin will be more radiant without the harsh chemicals.
- Better Indoor Air Quality – With the chemical contaminants removed, there will no vaporization or atomization of chemicals into the air from the water supply. Your lungs will know the difference.
- No Wasted Water – The greenest technology is also the technology that protects you and your family from the most chemicals and pathogens that can be in your water supply.
- Long Lasting - The premium coconut shell catalytic carbon in the BodyGuard filter lasts up to 1,000,000 gallons or 5 years.
- Simple, Easy Installation – Optional Installation Kit makes installation a breeze.
- Housing includes mounting bracket, screws, and housing wrench
- Backwashing filter includes 1” stainless steel bypass valve
- Warranty: Lifetime on the tank – 10-Years on the valve and electronics
- 1" Inlet handles up to 25 GPM
- Cartridge has double o-ring seal for a positive barrier
- System conforms to NSF/ANSI 61 Certified by WQA
- Rated up to 100 psi
- Low pressure drop - typically < 3 PSID (clean)
- Turbidity < 3 NTU
- pH 5-9.5
- Iron < .3 ppm
- Manganese < .05 ppm
This systems performance is dependent upon incoming water quality and factors such as iron, sulfur, manganese, sediment, and other particulates need to be addressed ahead of the Interceptor™ pre-filter. Life expectancy of the filter varies with the water supply, but many users experience filter change intervals in excess of a year when coupled with proper pre-treatment
The Interceptor™ electro-adsorptive filter media takes out a very wide spectrum of contaminants, including bacteria, virus, cysts, and Chromium 6. However, iron, sulfur, and manganese must be removed ahead of it. In a sense, it is like ultraviolet or UV disinfection in that the water needs to be free of sediment, silt, algae, sand, iron, sulfur, and manganese. There are hundreds of organics in a water supply that can impact it’s performance, so there are no guarantees on it’s life expectancy, although in most cases, they last 6 months to a year. Tannins are somewhat problematic. They are easily removed in over 90% of the cases, but occasionally, they are impossible to remove, due to the nature of the tannin itself or due to competing contaminants. The filter has a one year warranty for structural integrity and manufacturing defects, but is not warranted against plugging and/or failing to remove tannin. It’s like a doctor prescribing a medication that does not work for you, but works for most people. When he changes the prescription and prescribes another, he doesn’t refund your former prescription. The Interceptor™ is amazing, disruptive technology that removes more contaminants than any other filter.
view less-Additional Information
|Color||Chrome Tank Cover | Black Cap|
|Manufacturer||US Water Systems|