view less−Product Description
Fusion Superfilter Commercial Backwashing Calcite Neutralizer Filter
The Fusion Superfilter Commercial Calcite Neutralizer Filter is designed to raise the pH of the water in cases of low pH (acid water conditions). It also adds some calcium hardness back to the water, and only requires periodic backwashing.
Many areas of the country have water with low pH. A low pH means that the water is acidic and can corrode copper pipes and cause blue-green stains on plumbing fixtures in your home. We offer a large selection of backwashing acid neutralizer systems designed to normalize the acid balance of your water supply. A Calcite system uses crushed and screened white marble limestone which is dissolved in the water to neutralize acidic water. The dissolved limestone in the water may be responsible for the increase in hardness. If your pH is below 5.5 then a Special Blend of Calcite is utilized. This media is magnesium oxide which, like Calcite, is dissolved in the water. Whether you are using Calcite or Calcite and Magnesium oxide they may increase hardness in the water and a water softener may become necessary after the neutralizing filter.
Calcite is a crushed and screened white marble media which can inexpensively be used to neutralize acidic or low pH waters to be neutral and non-corrosive
Calcite is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate media. One of the advantages of Calcite is its self-limiting property. When properly applied, it corrects pH only enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium. It does not over-correct under normal conditions. Upon contact with calcite, acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate to raise the pH which reduces potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems.
Periodic backwashing will prevent packing, reclassify the bed and maintain high service rates. Depending on pH, water chemistry and service flow, the Calcite/magnesium oxide bed will have to be periodically replenished as the calcite is depleted. As the calcite's calcium carbonate neutralizes the water, it will increase hardness and a softener may become necessary after the neutralizing filter.
The Fusion Superfilter Neutralizer is a fully automatic backwashing filtration system. It uses all NSF and FDA approved components, including the Calcite or Magnesium Oxide. The electronic computer control cleans the media of accumulated contaminants while delivering pH adjusted water.
The electronic control center is easy to set and once set, you never have to set it again (except for DST). The FUSION Neutralizer system incorporates an automatic backwash which removes accumulated contaminants and automatically backwashes the filtration media. This eliminate pressure drop and keeps the media in top condition.
- Now you can eliminate corrosion of copper and galvanized pipes, fixtures & appliances.
- Stop pin-hole leaks.
- Stop blue green stains on fixtures!
- Professional quality acid neutralizer system comes complete with: Calcite media if your pH is 5.8 to 6.9 or Calcite-Magnesium Oxide media if your pH is less than 5.8.
- When ordering, please note what your pH level is so that we can use the right blend of calcite - use the comments box in shopping cart.
- If you need higher flow rates than the above units, we suggest manifolding two or more of these in parallel.
- Our tanks have fill ports at the top of the tank so that you do not have to disconnect the control valve when adding media.
- Our tanks are transparent so that you see the level of Calcite, so as to know when to replace it.
- Electronic controller has only one internal moving part - simple to set.
- No complicated programming.
- Includes built-in bypass valve
- 12 Volt Electrical system uses less than $2.00 electricity per year
- No danger of electrical shock
- Extremely user friendly
- Low maintenance due to automatic operation
- Calcite is easily replaced through fill cap
- 10-Year Tank Warranty – 5-Years on Valve & Electronics
MAX FLOW RATE
|CU/FT of MEDIA|
10" X 54"
13" x 54"
Water Temperature - Minimum of 39˚F, Maximum of 100˚F | Water Pressure - Minimum of 20 psi, Maximum of 125 psi
|FUSION SUPERFILTER PROGRAMMING|
|Press and hold the Manual and Settings buttons for 3-5 seconds|
|Press and hold the Up and Down arrows for 3-5 seconds|
|Valve Mode||B.W. Filter|
|Press and hold the Settings button for 3-5 seconds|
|Time of Day and Date||Set by Customer|
|Regen Times||Set by Customer|
view less-Additional Information
|Availability||Out Of Stock|
|Manufacturer||US Water Systems|
|Select Media Type||NEU – Neutralizer|