view less−Product Description
Matrixx™ Professional-Grade pH Neutralizer Backwashing Filter For Whole House
The Matrixx™ pH Neutralizer Filter with calcite is designed to raise the pH of the water in cases of low pH (acid water conditions). It also adds some calcium hardness back to the water, and only requires periodic backwashing.
Matrixx™ pH Neutralizer System is designed to raise the pH of the water supply
Many areas of the country have water with low pH. A low pH means that the water is acidic and can corrode copper pipes and cause blue-green stains on plumbing fixtures in your home. The Matrixx™ backwashing acid neutralizer system is designed to normalize the acid balance of your water supply. It does this by using Calcite, which is crushed and screened white marble limestone or Magnesium Oxide. If your pH is below 5.8 then we utilize a blend of Calcite and Magnesium Oxide. Calcite and Magnesium Oxide will increase hardness in the water and a water softener may become necessary after the neutralizing filter.
Calcite is a crushed and screened white marble media which can inexpensively be used to neutralize acidic or low pH waters to be neutral and non-corrosive
Calcite is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate media. One of the advantages of Calcite is its self-limiting property. When properly applied, it corrects pH only enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium. It does not over-correct under normal conditions. Upon contact with calcite, acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate to raise the pH which reduces potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems.
Periodic backwashing will prevent packing, reclassify the bed and maintain high service rates. Depending on pH, water chemistry and service flow, the Calcite/magnesium oxide bed will have to be periodically replenished as the calcite is depleted. As the calcite's calcium carbonate neutralizes the water, it will increase hardness and a softener may become necessary after the neutralizing filter.
A side benefit you can receive with a neutralizer filter is that if your water contains significant amounts of iron (rust), the media can help correct this by neutralizing the free carbon dioxide in the water. In many situations, the Matrixx™ pH Neutralizer will reduce the iron dramatically enough that it can be removed by an ion-exchange softener.
The Matrixx™ pH Neutralizer is a fully automatic backwashing filtration system. It uses all NSF and FDA approved components, including the Calcite or Magnesium Oxide. The electronic computer control cleans the media of accumulated contaminants while delivering pH adjusted, fresh water throughout your home.
- Communicates with your Smartphone via Bluetooth
- Simply set the time of day, time of regeneration, and backwash frequency
- Uses 9 Volt battery, so that if power goes out during regeneration, it automatically returns to service so as not to continually waste water to the drain
- Monitors remaining battery life
- Fully programmable cycles
- Can be “precision tuned”
The electronic control center is easy to set and once set, you never have to set it again (except for DST). The Matrixx™ pH Neutralizer system incorporates an automatic backwash which removes accumulated contaminants and automatically backwashes the filtration media. This eliminate pressure drop and keeps the media in top condition.
Note: If your pH is below 5.0, you need to consider utilizing a proportional pH Neutralizing System (https://www.uswatersystems.com/proportional-ph-neutralization-system.html) that does not use calcite, but rather uses soda ash to raise the pH (which coincidentally also doesn’t add hardness).
Low pH? Blue stains from acid water? Are pin-hole leaks threatening to destroy your house with expensive leaks?
- Now you can eliminate corrosion of copper and galvanized pipes, fixtures & appliances.
- Stop pin-hole leaks.
- Stop blue green stains on fixtures!
- Professional quality acid neutralizer system comes complete with: Calcite media if your pH is 5.8 to 6.9 or Calcite-Magnesium Oxide media if your pH is less than 5.8.
- When ordering, please note what your pH level is so that we can use the right blend of calcite - use the comments box in shopping cart.
- If you need higher flow rates than the above units, we suggest manifolding two of these in parallel.
- Our tanks have fill ports at the top of the tank so that you do not have to disconnect the control valve when adding media.
- Our tanks are transparent so that you see the level of Calcite, so as to know when to replace it.
- Electronic controller has only one internal moving part - simple to set.
- No complicated programs.
- Includes built-in bypass valve
- Translucent tank allows you to shine a light on the tank to determine the media level.
- 12 Volt Electrical system uses less than $2.00 electricity per year
- No danger of electrical shock
- Extremely user friendly
- Low maintenance due to automatic operation
- Calcite is easily replaced by unscrewing valve
- Lifetime Tank Warranty – 10-Years on Valve & Electronics (Includes Internal Parts)
Not sure what size filter you need? Bigger is usually better but remember, a system should be sized according to flow rate that is available for backwashing. A system must be backwashed at the specified flow rate to ensure it is flushed properly.
|MODEL #||MAX FLOW RATE||BACKWASH FLOW||TANK SIZE||CU/FT of MEDIA|
|081-MXF-PH-150||10 GPM||5 GPM||10" X 54"||1.5 cu/ft|
|081-MXF-PH-250||20 GPM||11 GPM||13" X 54"||2.5 cu/ft|
Water Temperature - Minimum of 39˚F, Maximum of 100˚F | Water Pressure - Minimum of 20 psi, Maximum of 125 psi
view less-Additional Information
|Manufacturer||US Water Systems|
|Media Tank Size||Refer to specifications|
Valve & Electronics: 10 Years (Includes Internal Parts)