view less−Product Description
Harmsco Hurricane HUR-40-HP Housing
Harmsco® HP Hurricane® filters provide unsurpassed performance. Our unique design separates dense solids prior to cartridge filtration for extended filter life, increased dirt holding capacity and reduced maintenance costs.
- Combination cyclone separator and cartridge filter in a single compact design
- Patented Up-flow design with tangential entry - prevents air entrapment
- Rotational flow “flutters” media pleats - improving loading performance
- Electropolished 304 stainless steel housing
- Fail-Safe lid closure, rated for 150 psi
- CPVC standpipe (standard) - stainless steel optional
- Three sizes for greater media surface area
- Extensive choice of cartridge micron ratings and media, including carbon block
- NSF 61 listed
- Commercial/Residential Drinking Water
- Industrial Waste Water Treatment
- Surface Water Treatment Rule (SWTR) LT2
- Process WaterCooling Tower Filtration
- Whole House Filtration
- Reverse Osmosis Pre-filtration
- Desalination Pre-filtration (316 and coated options)
- Ground Water Remediation
- Ground Water Under Direct Influence (GUDI)
- Well Water
- Small Community Compliance LT2
- Electropolished 304 stainless steel
- Standpipe - CPVC (standard)
- Temperature - 140˚F (60˚C) max. Up to 250˚F (121˚C) with optional stainless steel standpipe and high temperature cartridges installed
- Wing nuts - brass
- Rim gaskets - EPDM (Buna-N, Viton available)
- BSTP optional
- Gauge sample ports (1/4”), inlet and outlet
- Pressure - 150 psi (10 bar) max.
- Stainless Steel Stand Pipe For High Temperature
- 316 Stainless Steel
- 3M Scotchkote 134 Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coating (specifically for sea water and chemical compatibility)
The Harmsco Hur-40-HP filter housing is an entry level hurricane for smaller water filtration applications. Like the other Harmsco Hurricane filter housings, the HUR-40-HP offers unrivaled performance in water filtration. The Harmsco HUR-40-HP is ideal for smaller operations in commercial or industrial filtration. Alternatively, the HUR-40-HP would be ideal for residential filtration needs including, whole house filtration, well water treatment, and reverse osmosis pre-filtration.
Harmsco Works under the Toughest Conditions
Harmsco works where others don’t, the hurricane filtration system has features that allow it to work in the toughest and most rigorous conditions. With added features, such as the stainless steel standpipe the HUR-40-HP can work with fluids up to 250 ˚F The Harmsco Hur-40-HP can also survive temperatures below 140˚F doing what other companies claim to be impossible is what makes Harmsco stand out from its competitors.
The Harmsco Hurricane filtration system is capable of filtering even in marine environments. With the optional epoxy coating by 3M, the HUR-40-HP is engineered to be used in conditions that would require filtering seawater.
- A - Filter Height: 19-1/2"
- B - Width: 14-3/8"
- C - Diameter: 13"
- D - Inlet: 12-3/4"
- E - Outlet: 3-7/16"
- Pipe Size: 2" NPT
- Drain Size: 1" NPT
- Floor Space: 15" x 15"
- Service Height: 35"
Unlike conventional designs, Hurricane’s patented cartridges are made with deep, angled pleats to direct the flow into the pleated area for increased solids removal.
3M™ Scotchkote 134 Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coating is a one-part, heat curable, thermosetting epoxy coating designed for corrosion protection of metal. The epoxy is
applied to preheated steel as a dry powder which melts and cures to a uniform coating thickness. This bonding process provides excellent adhesion and coverage on applications such as valves, pumps, pipe drains, hydrants and porous castings. Scotchkote 134 coating is resistant to wastewater, corrosive soils, hydrocarbons, harsh chemicals, and sea water. Powder properties allow easy manual or automatic application by electrostatic or air-spray equipment.
- Suitable for elevated temperature service in presence of H2S, CO2, CH4, crude oil and brine.
- Long-term performance history in water, sewage, and other service environments.
- Scotchkote 134 coating has been tested and certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 61, Drinking Water System Components.
- Scotchkote 134 FBEC meets the requirements of AWWA Standard C213 and C550.
- Operating temperature dry is 235°F/ 113°C
view less-Additional Information
|Availability||Ships From Manufacturer|
Pipe size NPT 2"
Floor Space 15 X 15
Service Height 35"
Shipping Wt. Lbs 40
Carton Size In 14x16x21