view less−Product Description
Fusion Catalytic GAC Superfilter Reduces Chloramines, Chlorine, and Most Other VOC (Volatile Organic Chemicals)
The FUSION Catalytic Carbon Filter is designed to remove chlorine, chemicals, pesticides and CHLORAMINES, utilizing Centaur Catalytic Granular Activated Carbon. This is one of the most effective methods for removing chloramines from municipal water supplies which use them. If your city doesn’t use chloramines, the odds are they will soon, simply because it cuts their costs. That’s why we no longer sell just a GAC carbon filter. Your city will likely switch to chloramines, so why not be prepared to remove both chlorine AND chloramines?
- Chlorine is an oxidizer which is commonly used to reduce organic matter and/or disinfect water by municipalities.
- Chloramine is made by mixing chlorine and ammonia together which stabilizes the effects of the chlorine, resulting in much less being used
- Chlorine is objectionable for bathing and drinking in concentrations as low as .5 PPM - A swimming pool may be 2.0 to 3.0 PPM.
- Once the water has been disinfected and arrives in your home, there is no further need for the chlorine or chloraminbe, and prolonged contact can be detrimental, according to many experts
- The EPA states that chlorine combines with organics in the water to form THM's (trihalomethanes) which are known carcinogens.
- Read more about the Dangers Of Chlorine
The Fusion Catalytic Carbon Backwashing Filter is fully automatic and uses all NSF and FDA approved components, including the catalytic granular activated carbon (CGAC). The electronic computer control cleans the GAC of accumulated contaminants while delivering clean, clear, fresh, chlorine and chloramine-free water throughout your home. It also reduces chemicals, trihalomethanes (THM's), pesticides, heavy metals, tastes and odors. The electronic control center is easy to set, and incorporates an automatic backwash which removes accumulated contaminants by automatically backwashing the filtration media. Typically, on municipal water, the system only needs to backwash every one to two weeks for just a few minutes.
The carbon used is Calgon Centaur Catalytic Granular Activated Carbon, which is a catalytic, high activity granular activated carbon manufactured by steam activation of select bituminous coal. The catalytic activity of this activated carbon makes it highly effective for the removal of chloramines from potable water. Its large micro-pore volume makes it particularly well suited for the removal of low molecular weight organic compounds and their chlorinated by-products such as chloroform and other trihalomethanes (THMs). An important feature of this material is its superior mechanical hardness and the extensive de-dusting during its manufacture ensures an exceptionally clean activated carbon product.
- Electronic controller has only one internal moving part - simple to set. No complicated programming.
- Includes built-in bypass valve
- 12 Volt Electrical system uses less than $2.00 electricity per year
- No danger of electrical shock
- Long life catalytic carbon typically lasts 5+ years
- Extremely user friendly
- Low maintenance due to automatic operation
- Lifetime Tank Warranty – 7-Years on Valve & Electronics
- Chrome tank protector (on 5 and 10 GPM models only) always looks like new and wipes clean easily. Looks just as good in 20 years!
- Removes chlorine, chloramine and other chemicals
- Great tasting water from every tap in your house
- No bad tastes
- No foul odors
- Crystal clear water for drinking, bathing and cooking
- Long carbon life due to backwashing feature
- You'll notice the difference in your skin and hair after just one bath or shower
- Reduces chlorine, chloramine & other VOC contaminants
Not sure what size filter you need? Bigger is usually better but remember, a system should be sized according to flow rate that is available for backwashing. A system must be backwashed at the specified flow rate to ensure it is flushed properly.
|MODEL #||PEAK FLOW ||BACKWASH FLOW||TANK SIZE||CU/FT of MEDIA|
|089-FSF-100-CX||5 GPM||4 GPM||9" X 48"||1.0 cu/ft|
|089-FSF-150-CX||10 GPM||5 GPM||10" x 54"||1.5 cu/ft|
|089-FSF-200-CX||15 GPM||7 GPM||12" x 52"||2.0 cu/ft|
|089-FSF-250-CX||20 GPM||10 GPM||13" x 54"||2.5 cu/ft|
|089-FSF-300-CX||25 GPM||15 GPM||14" x 65"||3.0 cu/ft|
Water Temperature - Minimum of 39˚F, Maximum of 100˚F | Water Pressure - Minimum of 20 psi, Maximum of 125 psi
|FUSION SUPERFILTER PROGRAMMING|
|Press and hold the Manual and Settings buttons for 3-5 seconds|
|Press and hold the Up and Down Arrows for 3-5 seconds|
|Valve Mode||B.W. Filter|
|Press and hold the Settings button for 3-5 seconds|
|Time of Day and Date||Set by Customer|
|Regen Times||Set by Customer|
view less-Additional Information
|Availability||Out Of Stock|
|Manufacturer||US Water Systems|
|Filter Type||Catalytic Carbon|
|Media Tank Size||Refer to specifications|
Valve & Electronics: 7 Years
view less-Ratings & Reviews
view less-Product FAQs
My incoming water pipe is 3/4". Aside from getting a transition to 1", will that cause any problems having the smaller incoming size?
No, it is not a problem whatsoever.
Is the tank top control rated for outdoor use/ rain tight?
We do not suggest putting any water filter system out in the direct sunlight or weather. People do all the time, but UV and weather is hard on any system. Most people even have a cover for their grills. Read this:
How does one determine what size is required?
1-3 Bathrooms – 10 GPM
4-7 Bathrooms – 20 GPM
8+ Bathrooms require commercial equipment
what is the connecting pipe size to water main, 1.5 inches or less? our house needs 1.5
All Fusion whole house backwashing filters are 1 inch. If you need something 1.5 inch you will need to look at our commercial backwashing filters.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Regular Price: $1,992.00Sale Price: $1,195.00