view less−Product Description
Granular Magnesium Oxide Media (also called Corsex)
Utilized to raise the pH of water which is extremely acidic (pH of 5.5 to 4.0)
By neutralizing the free carbon dioxide in water, MagOx can correct red water conditions and render it to a noncorrosive condition. MagOx, being a reactive magnesium oxide, is used most effectively where pH correction is substantial or high flow conditions are in use. MagOx, being soluble to acidity, will have to be replenished periodically. Please note, under certain low flow conditions, MagOx may over correct and create a basic condition. MagOx can be effectively combined with Calcite to combine the high flow neutralization properties of MagOx, along with the slower reacting low flow properties of Calcite reducing potentially high basic properties due to over correction.
- Color: Grayish White
- Density: 75 lbs./cu. ft.
- Effective Size: 1.27 mm
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.48
- Active Material: 84-90%
- Composition: MgO 97% minimum
- NSF Certified
Conditions for Operation
- Downflow service is satisfactory on waters with a hardness of less than 5 gr./gal. or where it’s combined with Calcite at least 50-50.
- Upflow service is generally recommended with hardness exceeding 5 gr./gal. to prevent “cementing of the mineral bed.”
- A gravel support bed is recommended.
- pH - 4-6
- Bed Depth - 24-30 in.
- Backwash frequently to prevent possible cementing.
- Backwash Bed Expansion - 35% of bed depth.
- Service Rate - 5-6 gpm/sq. ft, but may be modified to adapt to local conditions.
- Backwash Rate - 8-12 gpm/sq. ft.
MagOx can be mixed with Calcite to treat waters as low as 4.0 pH. Upflow filters are recommended unless the water is under five grains hard. A minimum of 50% Calcite is recommended to prevent cementing.
- It comes in .66 cu/ft (50 lb.) bags
- Self-sacrificing and needs to be added when the pH drops below acceptable levels
view less-Additional Information
view less-Ratings & Reviews
view less-Product FAQs
How many pounds of magnesium oxide does a bag contain? Thank you
It comes in .66 cu/ft (50 lb.) bags
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Regular Price: $133.00Sale Price: $79.95
Regular Price: $25.00Sale Price: $14.95