view less−Product Description
Filter-Ag Plus Sediment Filtration Media
Filter-Ag Plus is a unique natural ore called clinoptilolite that has many advantages over common granular filter sands and multimedia used for suspended solids reduction. Viewed under an electron scanning microscope, the granules reveal an angular shape, rough surface and microporous void spaces that are as small as 3 microns. This creates a surface area over 100 times greater than silica sand and multi-media filters. It works much better than filter sand. The filter granules physically filter and trap the suspended solids. In addition, the granules remove a wide range of colloidal and soluble, inorganic metallic, contaminants by surface sorption, chemical-binding, charge neutralization, coagulation, reactions and/or ionic, ion-exchange phenomena.
The angularity of the granules and the tapered internal pore spaces allow for reduction of dirt, silt and organic matter suspended in water by bridging, straining and adhesion. The rough surface and internal porosity provide a high surface area for efficient reduction of suspended matter. Utilizing deep bed filtration can typically reduce suspended solids down to the 3 to 5 micron or less range.
Filter-Ag Plus’ structure typically creates less pressure loss through the filter and allows deeper sediment penetration into the bed for higher sediment loading and longer filter runs. The deep bed filtration capacity of Filter-Ag Plus prevents a rapid buildup of head loss and blinding problems that are associated with typical sand filters. The longer filter run times reduce backwash frequency, which provides conservation of water. This ideal combination of particle shape, texture and porosity make it a good choice where quality water filtration and water conservation are important. Substantial savings can be realized by using Clack Filter-Ag Plus. Its low pressure drop, high service flow rates and high bed loadings combined with lower backwash frequency allow economy in equipment downsizing and reduced pumping requirements. Its low density also saves on handling expense and shipping costs.
- Higher solids loading capability
- Superior filtration performance
- Reduced backwash frequency
- Removes finer particles
- Reduces pressure drop
- Provides higher flow rates
- Packaged in a 1.0 cu/ft box
- Discounts available for full skid quantities
- Color: Light tan to near white
- Dry Bulk Density: 50 lbs/cu.ft
- Specific Gravity: 2.2 g/cc
- Mesh Size: 14x30
- Effective Size: 0.55mm
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.8
- Hardness: 4-5 (Mohs Scale)
Conditions For Operation
- Water pH: Wide range
- Max. Water Temp.: 140˚F/60˚C
- Bed Depth: 24-36 inches
- Freeboard: 50% of bed depth
- Backwash Flow Rate: 15-20 gpm/ sq.ft.
- Backwash Bed Expansion: 30-40% of bed depth
- Service Flow Rate: 12-20 gpm/sq.ft.
- Local conditions may require lower flow rates
- A gravel support bed is required
- Allow bed to saturate before initial backwash
view less-Additional Information
|Manufacturer||US Water Systems|