US Water Systems has a long history of supplying misting and humidification systems, but our biggest area of expertise is Produce Misting. US Water Systems has partnered with Prodew (http://www.prodew.com/) , the industry leader in comprehensive solutions for Grocery Retail Misting and Humidification and Post-Harvest Preservation. With over 140 years of combined experience, no one is more qualified to handle any of your humidification and misting needs, including:
- Display Case Humidity (Prevents Dehydration) for meat, seafood, deli and flower displays to maintain fresh appearance of product for increased sales, maintain weight and prolong shelf life.
- Misting Systems (Maintains Freshness) for vegetables, seafood, plants, people, cooling, animals, golf carts and more for all types of display cases. Completely Plug & Play ('er spray).
- Night Covers (Saves Energy) for refrigerated cases and chillers for low energy consumption. More options and the best warranty in the business.
- Storage Humidity (Extends Shelf Life) for cold room and warehouse storage to maintain up to 98% relative humidity to maintain freshness and weight for vegetables, meat, fruit and flowers.
- Mobile Mist (Maintains Freshness) for vegetables, plants and flowers when automatic misting is not possible.
Misting and humidification applications include: air purification, air sterilization, bakery humidification, bird seed humidification, crisping, deli humidification, floral humidification, greenhouse humidification, greenhouse misting, grocery store produce misting systems, grocery store humidity systems, heat relief, humidification, meat humidification, mosquito repellant misting, people cooling, post-harvest preservation, poultry cooling, produce misting, produce washing, reptile humidification, seafood humidification, sprinkler systems, storage humidification, swine cooling, vegetable misting, vegetable washing, warehouse humidification, water filtration, water misting nozzles, water purification, water sprinkler systems, water sterilization, zoological misting.
Produce misting has become an accepted practice in the United States as grocers realize that the benefits derived from produce misting greatly outweigh the costs. A few years ago The Produce News (http://www.producenews.com/) wrote a definitive article (http://www.producenews.com/videos/1157-retail-view-us-misting-technology-doesnt-resonate-in-europe) on the state of produce misting in the US as well as around the world. In part, it stated:
At the Fruit Logistica convention in Berlin, Germany, earlier this year, retailers were intrigued with the produce department misting systems offered for sale, but not enough to purchase them.
"People wanted to see the new technology from America, but we have found that retailers [in Europe and elsewhere] are just not open for change, " said Itamar Kleinberger, vice president of Prodew Misting & Humidification in Marietta, GA.
Mr. Kleinberger and company President Shakeel Merchant estimated that while misting systems have an 80 percent penetration in the U.S. marketplace, only 1 percent of retailers outside the United States use them. That figure baffles the mind, considering the advantage and relative low cost of such systems.
The President of US Water Systems, Mark Timmons, was also interviewed for this article:
Echoing the sentiments of everyone interviewed on the subject, Mark Timmons of U.S. Water Systems in Indianapolis said that "misting systems make the produce more appealing visibly, reduce shrink and increase shelf life three or four times." In the process, retailers save money well beyond the cost of the system in a very short time period.
From the VersaFresh Complete Produce Misting Package in a Box to custom-designed applications to repair parts and nozzles, US Water is simply the best solution for your misting and humidification needs. We have a wealth of experience with Corrigan, KES, Miatech and Prodew misting systems and can help troubleshoot and design any system.
US Water Systems, at one time or another, has sold most of the other brands and have experts on staff who are highly trained in all phases of misting andhumidification, including installation and service. We have been distributing Prodew exclusively for over 5 years because of the quality, flexibility, longevity and economy.
Prodew’s entire system is NSF Listed, which includes the controls, misting bars and nozzles. Additionally, there is no PVC within the system and it is considered to be the most Eco-friendly design. A Prodew misting system is easy to install, a breeze to service and unbelievably economical to operate.
The Role of Water Quality on Misting
Water quality should not be minimized when misting produce or most other things. Total dissolved solids (TDS), which are cations (calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium) and anions (carbonates, chlorides, bicarbonates and sulfates) plug nozzles and as evaporation occurs, a residue or film is left behind. It is a fact that produce misting saves money in many ways, but using high quality reverse osmosis (RO) water is truly the icing on the cake.
The produce will look more appealing, weigh more and maintenance on misting systems will be kept to a minimum. With over 30 years in selling, installing and servicing produce misting systems, US Water Systems recommends a reverse osmosis system fed each produce misting system.
If you are unsure what you need, call us at 800-608-USWA or e-mail one of our Certified Water Specialists and Misting Experts at email@example.com.
Misting and Humidification Water Filter Equipment Leasing Program
Does your company need to update and or upgrade your misting and humidification water filtration systems. The cost of buying a new misting and humidification water filter system can be a large capital expenditure for your business. That cash flow could be better severed running other parts of your business. That is why US Water Systems is happy to introduce their new misting and humidification water filter and filtration leasing program. Here are 4 benefits of leasing misting and humidification water filtration equipment over buying it.
1. Conserve and Control Cash: Equipment leasing helps you save working capital for your day to day expenses. Also by leasing misting and humidification water treatment and filter equipment you have a monthly fixed cost line item helping you budget more effectively.
2. Upgrade Old Misting and Humidification Water Filtration Equipment: Water filter technology has made many improvements over the years. By upgrading to the newest systems you can stay on top of and make use of the latest advances in equipment and technology.
3. Tax Benefits: Lease financing presents a possible tax benefit for your company. In many cases easing not only provides businesses with a full deduction of lease payments against current earnings.
4. More Attractive Balance Sheet: Monthly lease payments are viewed as a business expense instead of long-term debt. Having little debt on your balance sheet helps you secure financing to fund your business.
Leasing equipment options for misting and humidification are listed on our product pages when available. Just look in the add to cart box for the link titled Commercial Leasing Available or call a US Water Systems sale member at 1.800.606.8792