view less−Product Description
US Water NSF Certified Calcium Carbonate is made from Genuine Georgia Marble
Utilized to raise the pH of water which is acidic
Calcite is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate media. One of the advantages of Calcite is its self-limiting property. When properly applied, it corrects pH only enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium. It does not over correct under normal conditions. Upon contact with Calcite, acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate to raise the pH which reduces the potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems.
US Water Georgia Marble Calcite is NSF Certified and is manufactured from naturally occurring, high-quality Georgia marble. When you use Georgia Marble, you are using the best of the best, whether it be acid correction or re-mineralization.
Periodic back-washing will prevent packing, reclassify the bed and maintain high service rates. Depending on pH, water chemistry and service flow, the Calcite bed will have to be periodically replenished as the Calcite is depleted. As the Calcite’s calcium carbonate neutralizes the water, it will increase hardness and a softener may become necessary after the neutralizing filter.
- Naturally occurring material from Georgia Marble
- Low uniformity coefficient for maximum contact for controlled pH correction
- Slower reacting for controlled pH correction
- Color: Near white
- Bulk Density: 90 lbs./cu. ft.
- Mesh Size: 16 x 40
- Specific Gravity: 2.7
- Effective Size: 0.4 mm
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.5
- Hardness: 3.0 (Mohs scale)
- Composition: CaCO3, 95% min.
- MgCO3, 3.0% max.
Conditions For Operation
- A gravel support bed is recommended
- Water pH range: 5.0-7.0
- Bed depth: 24-30 in.
- Freeboard: 50% of bed depth (min.)
- Backwash rate: 8-12 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash Bed Expansion: 35% of bed depth
- Service flow rate: 3-6 gpm/sq. ft. but may be modified
- It comes in 3/4 cu/ft (50 lb.) UPS boxes
- Self-sacrificing and needs to be added when the pH drops below acceptable levels
- NSF Approved
We offer quantity discounts on multiple boxes
view less-Additional Information
view less-Ratings & Reviews
Product also seems to be correcting the Ph of our water in our filter tank.Comment