How To Sanitize A Reverse Osmosis System
Sanitizing your Reverse Osmosis system is very crucial for preventing contamination from a wide range of bacteria and diseases. There was a study that was done showing that drinking from an unsanitized filter caused ten times more illnesses than regular tap water. That is a clear example of why it is so important to stay up to date sanitizing your RO system to keep you and your family healthy and safe.
It is recommended that you should sanitize your Reverse Osmosis system every six months or so. Sani Systems for Reverse Osmosis units by Pro Products is the only EPA and NSF approved sanitized for use inside RO units proven to kill 99.99% of harmful bacteria.
You Can Sanitize Your RO System In FIVE Easy Steps:
- Shut off the water to the RO unit
- Remove the membrane and all the filters
- Store your filters in water to prevent damage
- Open your RO faucet to depressurize your RO system
- Pour an entire packet in the first main filter housing
- Replace the filter housing
- Close the faucet and turn you water supply back on
- Allow the system to refill with water
- Once the holding tank is full let the system set for 60 seconds
- Flush your system twice with potable water until the solution is thoroughly rinsed from the system
- Replace or reinstall the membrane and all the filters according to the manufacturer’s directions
Try it today with Sani systems and never worry about harmful bacteria again!