I Need Help With My RO SystemQUESTION: I have a 5-stage reverse osmosis system. The water pressure at my faucet is low and dripping at the water dispenser at the refrigerator. It takes about 10 minutes to full a regular glass of water at the fridge. I bought a Aquatec 500 series permeate pump and installed it per the instructions but the water pressure remains low. What’s happening? Help.
- Pressure at tank is 20 psi full 7.5 empty.
- Pressure from city water is just over 60psi.
- Drain the system completely and see if the tank still has water in it (you can do this by simply lifting it). It it does, the tank is bad and needs to be replaced.
- There should be approximately 5 pounds of air in the tank when it is empty. Use a good air gauge to confirm this.
- Your filters could be plugged - replace them and see if that makes a difference.
- Your membrane could be bad, replace it.
- Is your drain line plugged shut?
- Your drain line flow restricter, check valve or ASO (automatic shutoff valve) could be bad. Replace them.
- The Permeate Pump could be hooked up wrong.
- The final things is that your pressure could be so low, the water temperature could be so low or the TDS could be so high, it will not work.