- There are three things that are vital to human life. Those are Food, Air, and Water. How long can we survive without the basics? Every person and situation is different, though the "rule of threes" gets at the desperate nature of what our bodies need: three minutes without oxygen, three days without water, t...
At the onset of the current pandemic, the WHO and CDC said masks were overkill for ordinary people and should be conserved for health workers. Later, the CDC recommended masks only for people with COVID-19 symptoms.
- What Is Reverse Osmosis ?Reverse osmosis removes the largest spectrum of contaminants at the most economical cost of any water treatment process. Essentially, a whole house reverse osmosis system will remove 98 to 99% of most contaminants including total dissolved solids (TDS), sodium, chloride, sulfate, nitrate, arsenic and a plethora of other chemical and organic contaminants. One of the k...
In short, hydrogen peroxid is the best way to remove iron and/or sulfur from water. Hydrogen peroxide is one of the most powerful oxidizers, and is stronger than chlorine, chlorine dioxide, and potassium permanganate.
Also known as silicon dioxide, or SiO2, silica is a crystalline compound that is an extremely common constituent in most rocks, minerals, and sand. Silica is formed by silicon and oxygen with another metal or mineral. Its levels range from 1 part per million to more than 100 parts per million.
In our years of experience, we have learned many things the hard way. To borrow a saying: “We know a thing or two, because we have seen a thing or two.” We have built and installed thousands of whole house reverse osmosis systems, and over the years, we made a lot of mistakes… which we learned the hard way. We still see consumers making the same mistakes we did ten or twenty years ago, so we thought we would share our experience to save you from making mistakes that you may not know about. In the long run, doing it the right way will save
Bacteria and viruses exist in many places, which we are aware of some that we don't know about as readily. We know that there can be bacteria in our drinking water. Even if you have municipal water, sometimes you are informed that you should not drink it.
- I have been treating bad, nasty, stinking, staining, rotten-egg smelling, horrible well water for close to fifty years. Some of my earliest memories of my late father (Stephen E. Timmons) were going to work with him at the water treatment company he worked for in Greenville, Ohio: “Miracle Water.” As a side note, my father was the District Mana...
- We have been getting this question a lot because stores are running out of hand-sanitizer and chlorine wipes in record numbers. Most people are concerned with protecting their families from the spread of COVID-19 and are looking for answers. Wash Your HandsLet me remind you that good old soap, water, and thruough handwashing goes a long way in protecting anyone, so don&rsq...
- Many businesses rely upon high quality water for many of their processes and production. When Reverse Osmosis systems go down or need to be replaced, people often say that they “needed it yesterday.” In other words, they can’t deal with long wait times for a system that is vital to their operation. We have dealt with long lead times in the past and know how disappoint...
This system will use all NSF, WQA, and FDA Compliant American Made Components. These systems are manufactured in our Indianapolis, Indiana Plant with 100% American Made Components.
Have you ever encountered an individual who changed your perspective of an industry so drastically that you then wanted to invest something of your own into simply being a part of it?
US Water Systems Blog - Ask The Water Doctor