Reverse Osmosis, or RO for short, is a popular water filtration method used in many homes for drinking water. It takes out the largest spectrum of contaminants when compared to any other water filtration method. Well, technically deionized water systems take out more, but DI water is not something you would want in your home for drinking water.
At US Water Systems, we feel for our friends in Texas and stand with you in your time of crisis, but we also know there is “tough,” and there is “Texas Tough.”
Reverse osmosis is considered one of the most effective forms of water treatment today. No matter what types of contaminants you’re looking to filter out of your drinking water, it’s likely that reverse osmosis can help you achieve the results you’re looking for.
- Elevated levels of iron (often called "rust") is a common water quality issue for many well owners. The fact that iron makes up five percent of the earth's crust and elementary iron readily dissolves in groundwater is one of the reasons it is so prevalent in wells. Iron is dissolved from the rocks and minerals that form aquifers. General...
- Many American families have a water softener in their homes. In fact, 85% of Americans have hard water, while only 25% of households report having a water softener installed. From mildly inconvenient to plumbing and appliance ruining, hard water can have a lasting impact on you and your home. If you have well water, then you know that almost every house with well water has hard water.What Is Hard ...
Depending on where you live, you may have heard the terms “hard water” and “soft water” before. So what is hard water and why is it so bad?
- Commercial reverse osmosis systems in the 2,000 gallons per day to 8,000 gallons per day arena are some of the most popular systems on the planet. If you Google “commercial reverse osmosis systems” you with come up with 6.4 million results! If that seems like a lot, let me assure you that most of the listings are NOT commercial reverse osmosis systems. While I do not k...
By purchasing a reverse osmosis system online and installing the system yourself, you can save a ton of money. Installation is easy with this step by step guide
- Unless you live in a part of the country where the weather is always hot or always pretty cold, you most likely have some type of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System. In a modern home, that HVAC system may consist of the following components: Furnace Air Conditioner Humidifier Media Filter Electronic Air Cleaner or Ultraviolet Air Disin...
- Tannin has been a perplexing foe to water treatment specialists for decades now. There has been essentially one tried and true method that has stood the test of time, but to be honest, it’s a bit of a pain in the neck.What is tannin? Why is it so challenging to remove?Simply put, tannin is dissolved organic material. It appears in surface and groundwater from dissolved plant tissue and veget...
- Water stores or water shops (as they are sometimes called) have been popping up across the USA for many years now. Many opportunists see what a gallon of water costs and realize that they can make a 2000% profit… or more. Ah, if it were really that simple. Now, don’t get me wrong – some of these water stores are v...
With all of this year's madness, 2020 will likely go down in history as one of the craziest years ever. To make matters worse, now city officials in Lake Jackson, Texas, have issued a disaster declaration on September 26, 2020, in response to drinking water contaminated with a brain-eating amoeba. The city is under a "do not use water order," and has requested an emergency declaration from the state.
Default Blog Title