view less−Product Description
Aquatrol Catalytic GAC Backwashing Filter Reduces Chloramines, Chlorine, and Most Other VOC (Volatile Organic Chemicals)
The Aquatrol Catalytic Carbon Backwashing Filter is fully automatic and uses all NSF and FDA approved components, including the catalytic granular activated carbon (CGAC). The electronic computer control cleans the GAC of accumulated contaminants while delivering clean, clear, fresh, chlorine and chloramine-free water throughout your home. It also reduces chemicals, trihalomethanes (THM's), pesticides, heavy metals, tastes and odors. The electronic control center is easy to set, and incorporates an automatic backwash which removes accumulated contaminants by automatically backwashing the filtration media. Typically, on municipal water, the system only needs to backwash every one to two weeks for just a few minutes.
- Electronic controller has only one internal moving part - simple to set. No complicated programming.
- Includes built-in bypass valve
- 12 Volt Electrical system uses less than $2.00 electricity per year
- No danger of electrical shock
- Long life catalytic carbon typically lasts 5+ years
- Extremely user friendly
- Low maintenance due to automatic operation
- Lifetime Tank Warranty – 5-Years on Valve & Electronics
- Removes chlorine, chloramine and other chemicals
- Great tasting water from every tap in your house
- No bad tastes
- No foul odors
- Crystal clear water for drinking, bathing and cooking
- Long carbon life due to backwashing feature
- You'll notice the difference in your skin and hair after just one bath or shower
- Reduces chlorine, chloramine & other VOC contaminants
Not sure what size filter you need? Bigger is usually better but remember, a system should be sized according to flow rate that is available for backwashing. A system must be backwashed at the specified flow rate to ensure it is flushed properly.
|MODEL #||PEAK FLOW ||BACKWASH FLOW||TANK SIZE||CU/FT of MEDIA|
|075-AQF-CX-100||5 GPM||4 GPM||9" X 48"||1.0 cu/ft|
|075-AQF-CX-150||7 GPM||5 GPM||10" x 54"||1.5 cu/ft|
|075-AQF-CX-200||10 GPM||7 GPM||12" x 52"||2.0 cu/ft|
Water Temperature - Minimum of 39˚F, Maximum of 100˚F | Water Pressure - Minimum of 20 psi, Maximum of 125 psi
view less-Additional Information
|Availability||Out Of Stock|
|Manufacturer||US Water Systems|
|Filter Type||Catalytic Carbon|
|Media Tank Size||5 GPM - 9" x 48"
10 GPM - 12" x 52"
Valve & Electronics: 5 Years
VideosSorry No Videos Available
view less-Ratings & Reviews
view less-Product FAQs
Looking at the catalytic backwashing carbon filter. In terms of maintenance, what is needed? When backwashing, what releases the chloramines? Salt? Is regeneration involved? How long will this last? And once it's done, do I replace the whole tank? or just the CGAC that's in it?
The catalytic carbon adsorbs the chloramines. It needs backwashing no more than once a week. You just replace the carbon in the tank – typically 4-7 years.
Filter requires 12V power. Does unit have an internal transformer? Is unit powered by 120VAC or by 12V battery?
It has a transformer that plugs into the wall and connects to the softener control