view less−Product Description
4.5" X 20" Commercial-Grade Single Big Blue Cartridge Filter Housing
With 3/4" or 1" Inlet/Outlet - Includes Pressure Relief Valve
The US Water 4.5” x 20” Big Blue Cartridge Housing is a Commercial Grade Housing that will handle heavy filtration needs for years. It accepts any industry standard 4.5” x 20” filter cartridge which includes, pleated, melt blown, string, gradient density, carbon and any number of specialty filters. A full listing of all the filters available is found HERE.
- Manufactured from the highest quality, FDA grade, 100% NSF listed polypropylene
- Housing and O-Ring Only (does not include wrench, bracket or screws)
- Leak-proof sealing is accomplished by compression against a top seated Buna-N O-ring located in the housing’s sump Thick wall and added ribs make the housings ideal for a wide range of applications
- Buttress Thread Design Provides Superior Sealing & Greater Security
- Polypropylene construction provides excellent chemical resistance with most acids, alcohol, ammonia, oils, plating solutions and many aggressive chemicals
- Housings supplied with pressure release valves Rated for temperatures to 100°F and pressures to 90 psi
- Black Cap/Blue Sump 3/4" or 1" Inlet & Outlet Uses the same cartridges as Ametek, American Plumber, Culligan, Flowmatic, Hydronix, Liquatec, Pentek and Watts, as well as most other brands of housings.
- Equivalent to Flowmatic Part # FH10000BB1PR, Hydronix HF45-20BLBK10PR and Pentek Big Blue HFPP Part #150233, 150239, 150235
NOTE: This housing does not include a filter. Choose any 4.5" x 20' listed below under "Related Products". If you are unsure what type of filter would be best for your application, contact one of our Certified Water Specialists at 800-608-USWA or e-mail us at email@example.com. Our experts are available 7 days a week from 8 AM until 11 PM EDT. Packed 4 to a case - CALL FOR DISCOUNT PRICING ON CASE QUANTITIES OR MULTIPLE CASES.
view less-Additional Information
|Manufacturer||US Water Systems|
VideosSorry No Videos Available
view less-Ratings & Reviews
view less-Product FAQs
Can i use it with LIMEBLASTER 4.5" X 20" REPLACEMENT CARTRIDGE | 222 SEAL
No, the housing to which you refer has a DOE seal, not the 222 O-Ring Seal.
How many gallons per minute can this filter handle?
Up to 25 GPM
Is this housing made by Hydronix? Do you have just the sumps available? If not Hydronix, will the sump work with a Hydronix housing? Thanks
Yes it is. We do not just sell the sumps.
Will your 4.5 x 20 sump fit a GE head?
Not likely – they all are slightly different.
I have 3/4 inch pvc water line coming in from my well and water tank. Tiny pebbles of limerock keep clogging our sink and toilet fixtures. We are only up in North Fl maybe twice a month for a few days and would like to what system and particular type of filter to get. Saw your youtube video and was thinking the BIG BLUE 20 in was the way to go for my sediment problem, just not sure since there are several types of pleated filters to choose from. You could not have made the installation process any easier with that great video.Thanks for your comments! Typically 20 Micron is a good initial filter in a water treatment systems. That will remove particles that are visible to the naked eye and some that are not. Typically we would do “step down filtration” in your application with a dual housing. We would use a 20 micron in the first stage and a 5 micron in the second stage. Here is the link; https://www.uswatersystems.com/us-water-big-blue-4-5-x-20-dual-filtration-system.html You can chose your plumbing size (3/4”) and the 20AM and 5 Micron package. The other concern is that you may have a hardness issue. Have you had a water test? If not, you should get that done to determine what needs to be addressed. Sometimes hardness and even manganese can precipitate and cause grit to show up.
Does the Big Blue commercial filter remove flouride?
If you use a bone char filter with the big blue housing, Yes. But....the flow rate is only 1.5 GPM
What are screws size I should use to bolt the Cap to the Bracket?I don't want to use too long screws that may penetrate the Cap from the Bracket
These are the ones and they come with the bracket and wrench kit.
Can your Big Blue whole house filters be installed outdoors? They will be in the shade most of the day, but may get occasional sunlight. I'm in Southern California, so heat is more of an issue than freezing.
Direct sunlight can distort the plastic. The amount of time the housing can handle direct sunlight without failure is unknown. It is better to keep it out of the sun.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Regular Price: $27.00Sale Price: $15.95
Regular Price: $12.00Sale Price: $6.95