The Incredible Vortech Tank
Vortech™ Systems by US Water
US Water's new line of high efficiency water conditioning systems utilizes the Vortech™ tank, a revolutionary new distribution technology. The new high flow smart tank design maximizes the US WATER high efficiency valve technology by eliminating the need for gravel under bedding, providing a more effective and efficient back wash cycle, while reducing shipping and material costs.
Features & Benefits:
- Up to 30% less backwash flow rate is required.
- High flow design maximizes today’s high efficiency valve technology.
- Permanent attachment of dip tube to distributor, so when servicing a valve, distributor stays in place, no more re-bedding.
- Vortech distributor plate is designed for over 6,500 lbs load capacity.
- Elimination of gravel, save on net cost and unit weight, for shipping.
- Universal plate for use in filtration and softening applications.
- Self-cleaning nozzle design.
- Increase in softening capacity, due to improved flow through media.
- No channeling of media, providing a cleaner more efficient system.
- Optional secondary distributor plate for dual media systems without additional tanks, valves or efficiency reducing media migration.*
- Environmentally friendly, reduction in required backwash times due to improved bed lift at lower flow rates.
- Vortech™ is the latest, most innovative, and most efficient bottom distribution system.
Introducing Vortech™ Distribution Systems
Designed with conservation in mind, Vortech™ water softeners and filters feature high performance media, state of the art control valve technology and the new Vortech™ distribution system for greater efficiency.
In order to regain a softener’s or filter’s ability to remove contaminants its control valve must be able to go into a backwash cycle to effectively “clean” the media before it can be regenerated. Traditional systems produce large amounts of waste water during the backwash process and consume a high volume of salt used to condition the water. Vortech™ water softeners and filters reduce backwash water and frequency by 30% and reduce salt consumption, reducing the impact on the environment.
Vortech™ distribution systems utilize a more efficient distributor plate design to reduce backwash and improve system efficiency compared to traditional cone & gravel systems. This unique design provides greater "lift" and "action" throughout the entire width of the mineral tank during a backwash cycle, whereas traditional cone and gravel systems channel up through the media causing areas of very limited movement. In addition, because Vortech™ does not utilize gravel, it costs less to ship due to its lighter weight.
- Cones (basket) have a limited surface area reducing flow capacity
- Gravel adds additional shipping costs
- Riser tube and basket is held only in place by the media making routine maintenance difficult when the valve is removed from the mineral tank
- Backwash water creates channels through the gravel concentrating flow through limited areas of the media
- Water channeling creates dead spots around the edge of the mineral tank reducing the effectiveness of the backwash cycle
- Areas within the media bed are not suitably rinsed and lose the capacity to remove the contaminants with every cycle
- Higher flow rates are required to effectively lift media
- High flow design maximizes today’s high efficiency control valve technology
- Environmentally friendly, reduces backwash requirement by up to 30%
- No channeling of media, providing a cleaner more efficient system
- Self-cleaning nozzles
- Elimination of gravel saves on net cost and unit weight, for shipping
- Permanent attachment of the dip tube makes servicing the control valve easy by keeping the distributor in place, no more re-bedding
- Distributor plate is designed for over 6,500 lbs. load capacity
- Highly efficient softening regeneration reduces annual salt consumption
This video demonstrates the ability of the Vortec tank to effectively lift the resin bed each and every time the system regenerates.