The FRESH AIR LITE using Photo Catalytic Oxidation to clean the air in your home or business.
A new term has been appearing in the news for quite sometime: Sick Building Syndrome. As buildings get tighter to conserve energy, they also become containers of pollutants. The sources vary from the release of chemicals from new carpets, to the natural breakdown of polymers used to make paint and furniture, to copying machines and cleaning fluids, to the exhalations from people themselves.
A 1986 EPA study found some new buildings with "levels of chemicals that were 100 times higher than outdoor levels." The results are drowsiness, headaches, irritability, chills, forgetfulness, and reduced productivity. One also cannot forget airborne viral and bacterial infections such as Legionnaires' disease.
10 Essential Facts About Your Air
- Indoor air pollution consistently ranks as one of the Top 5 risks to overall public health.
- Indoor air pollutants can be 25 to 100 times higher than outdoor levels, and we spend 90% of our time indoors
- Poor indoor air quality aggravates children’s asthma symptoms.
- Concentration and memory are all adversely affected by poor indoor air quality as biological pollutants such as bacteria and molds like Aspergillus (a primary food source for dust mites) promote poor indoor air quality.
- Indoor air quality can cause long-term health problems.
- Chemicals, pet dander, dust, dirt and other airborne allergens create health issues with many people and those who are particularly vulnerable to indoor pollutants include infants, the elderly, those with heart and lung diseases, and people with asthma.
- An air purifier that sits on a table or desk or even on the floor can only treat the air it comes into contact with, and generally these types of systems treat the same air over and over. They don’t treat all of the air in your home or business.
- The only way to insure you treat all the air in your home or business is to treat it in your HVAC system. That’s where you can treat the largest amount of indoor air.
- According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, Ozone Generators can be dangerous when used as an air purifier (LINK: http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html ), as available scientific evidence shows that, at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards, ozone is generally ineffective in controlling indoor air pollution, because the concentration of ozone would have to greatly exceed health standards to be effective in removing most indoor air contaminants.
- A new technology has emerged that is both safe and effective, that being a process called Photo Catalytic Oxidation.
If you want to really get confused, go online and research air purification. You will find a plethora of articles touting Ultraviolet, UV, Ozone and other technologies. At US Water, we have been interested in Air Purification for over 30 years, since clean water is closely related to clean air for everyone, in fact, our legal name is US Water & Air, Inc. To that end, we have developed a State-of-the-Art System called the FRESH AIR LITE.
Photo Catalytic Oxidation
We start out with a ultraviolet bulb (often called UV) which is surrounded by an aluminum grid impregnated with titanium dioxide. The reaction between the UV light (which is 365 to 385 nanometers in wavelength), titanium dioxide and humidity in the air produces a Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) called a Hydroxyl Radical.
This Hydroxyl Radical is very reactive, and within seconds it will seek out other contaminants in the air, or even on surfaces. As it seeks out these contaminants, Photo Catalytic Oxidation occurs, so that viruses, bacteria, chemicals, molds, spores and a plethora of odors are eradicated.
It utilizes the power of hydroxyls to break apart odors at the molecular level. Hydroxyls do not mask, cover up, filter, or trap odors – they completely eliminate them and leave behind no chemicals or residue. Some scientists have named hydroxyl radicals as “the detergent of the atmosphere.”
Unlike ozone, atmospheric hydroxyls are safe for people, animals, plants and all sensitive materials like rubber, plastic, leather, vinyl, electronics, paper and artwork. This is “Green Technology” that is used in hospitals and other critical care applications.
The PCO-4000 is for homes or office up to 4,000 square feet, and it effectively removes smoke, pollen, animal dander, dust mites, mold spores, bacteria, and viruses from the air.
- The Fresh Air Lite System is a compact, effective source for purifying and cleaning the air.
- The Fresh Air Lite System actually leaves the air fresh and clean like you see after a thunderstorm.
- The Fresh Air Lite System is easy to use, just drill two small holes, plug in and turn on.
- No filters to clean.
- It will destroy odors and contaminants from the air in as little as 15 minutes.
- Pet odors, cooking odors, cigarette smoke, all will be destroyed.
- Unlike the other air purifiers the Fresh Air Lite doesn't capture pollutants on a grid or filter, rather the Fresh Air Lite System activated oxygen generator disperses activated oxygen into the air which seeks out and eliminates pollutants.
- The Fresh Air Lite System removes nearly all organic and inorganic pollutants.
- Using on the amount of electricity of a 50 watt light bulb, the Fresh Air Lite System is energy efficient.
- Customers who have used the unit report that they sleep better. This is due to the fact that there is more active oxygen in the air and less pollutants.
- Allergy sufferers will be amazed at the difference once they starting using the FRESH AIR LITE.
The FRESH AIR LITE solves a multitude of problems and delivers Fresh, Clean, Safe air throughout your home, plus it is simple to install. Watch our installation video.
Volts: 110 Volts
Warranty: 3 Years/Bulb 1 Year
Made in USA
Specs / Warrantty
|Availability||Typically In Stock|
|Manufacturer||US Water Systems|